Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Psalm 51:10-17







Do you ever have those moments when you are reading something in the Bible that you've read many times before but suddenly God stops you and shows you something new? Well, I'm sure you have. I love those moments! Today was one of those moments for me. I was reading through some Psalms and as I was going through Psalm 51 I was just reading along when God stopped me and brought me back to verses 10-17 and got my attentions. 

10 Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
11 Do not cast me away from Your presence
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation
And sustain me with a willing spirit.
13 Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners will be converted to You.
14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, the God of my salvation;
Then my tongue will joyfully sing of Your righteousness.
15 O Lord, open my lips,
That my mouth may declare Your praise.
16 For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it;
You are not pleased with burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
A broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.

I can't count how many times I have prayed the words of verse 10. But today God wanted me to notice that it doesn't stop there. He wants me to be contrite, He wants to create a clean heart in me so that I will then teach others His ways and they will be converted to Him!! He wants to deliver me so that my tongue will joyfully sing of His righteousness! So that I may declare His praise! 

He wants these things not just for us, but so that we may then save others! 

I am so thankful when God opens my eyes to something new in His word and reminds me that His word is ALIVE and all I have to do is open it. 

Blessings,
Colleen

Linking up to:

A Wise Woman Builds Her House



http://proverbs14verse1.blogspot.com/2013/06/wise-woman-linkup.html


Wholehearted Home

http://judithwholeheartedhome.com/abandon-to-god/





Walking Redeemed


Raising Homemakers


3 comments:

  1. You shared such a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing over at WholeHearted Home this week. I hope to see you again next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judith and thank you for hosting your link party. I have linked a very special post again this week and am grateful for the added views I get from your link party. God bless.

      Delete
  2. Nico duplessisn853@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete