Sunday, June 16, 2013

An Update for Friends and Family of Betty



For those who are praying for my Darling Betty, here is an update I posted last night on FB for her family and friends. 


"I wanted to post a quick update on my darling friend Betty. Her daughter Dana is hoping to get online for a few minutes tomorrow to update family and friends, but as I'm sure you understand she has little time for fb these days, so I told her I would post a message with tags in hopes that Betty's friends would see it for now. 

I have spent some time with Betty, Dana, and Mary the past couple of days and wanted to assure you all that Betty is really doing very well through all of this. She is resting comfortably and having her every need lovingly attended to by Mary and Dana as well as Denny and his wife Patricia, Dana and Mary's husbands and Betty's grandchildren. She is lovingly attended to 24/7 with not only her loved ones by her side, but her little Sadie as well who spent some time cuddled up with Betty and loving her today. 

It is very important to Betty that everyone know that she is not at all afraid. She feels as though she is going home and she is excited and looking forward to the journey. She knows loved ones are waiting there for her as well as her heavenly Father. 

She continues to be sharp as a tack and as witty as ever, just very tired. Her physical symptoms are being managed with medication and she is comfortable. We listened to some of her favorite music tonight and she literally had her toes tapping in the air as she rested and enjoyed the music, letting us know when she didn't like a song so Dana could FF to the next song. 

She is her same lovable, humorous, sassy, good old old broad self! (she has specifically asked me to use the term good old broad when referring to her). 

I hope this puts some minds to rest and hopefully Dana will be on soon to answer messages and update you all. 

Blessings,
Colleen (Betty's friend) "



No comments:

Post a Comment