Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Tea Time Wishes

I have been thoroughly enjoying looking through blogs and pictures, and taking in all the beautiful eye candy. I love the elegance of tea. Of teapots and china, roses and finger sandwiches, linens and lace. I tend to be a rather high strung person so I can always use a little of the elegance and calm that comes with tea.

I thought I'd devote a little time today to some of the tea things on my wishlist. Like this beautiful Royal Albert Old Country Roses Teapot:


And this lovely Royal Albert Old Country Roses Coffee Service Set




These beautiful Royal Albert Tea Cups







And one of my favorite tea time items, this gorgeous Royal Albert Tidbit Tray




I have loved this pattern for years so imagine my delight when I showed up to a dear friend's home for the first tea time together and found the table set with my beloved Royal Albert Old Country Rose. She has two complete sets as she raised a large family. It was such a lovely surprise and now each time we have tea together that is the cup I choose and I enjoy getting the chance to sip my tea from it while we have a lovely visit.

The other couple of items on my wish list are this cute little Johnson Brothers Summer Chintz Teapot and Sugar & Creamer Set to go with my tea cups and tidbit tray






So, these are the things on my wish list. But we all know that the most important things aren't really things. The most important things I enjoy during my tea time is the opportunity to sit and visit with loved ones. A time to savor tea, goodies, and conversation. A time to build memories, strengthen bonds. I am thankful for all the beautiful tea things I have, but the thing I am most thankful for are the people who gather around and take the time to enjoy them with me.

One of my fondest memories of tea time with my youngest daughter was when we hosted a table at our church women's tea. We used some of my grandmother's tea things, some of my mother-in-law's china, and some of our china. It was a delightful time with treasured tea settings from three generations of our family. And for me, that is what tea time is really about. It's about building family.

But don't get discouraged if you have no tea items to serve, go ahead and make yourself and your loved ones a tea party anyway. Right now all our china and tea things are packed away in storage, but we still make our little tea parties. We set out our sandwiches and sit together, each with our favorite tea and enjoy each other's company. So, whether you have fancy china, or paper plates, take some time to sit down for a cup of tea and a moment or two of relaxation.

My tea time wish for you is that you have the peace, the elegance, the flavor, and the beauty, of all that is tea in your life! May your cup runneth over.

Today I am linking up with the following parties:

Tea Time Tuesday: http://sandimyyellowdoor.blogspot.com/


Tuesday Cuppa Tea: http://antiquesandteacups.blogspot.com/

Tea Cup Tuesday: http://www.marthasfavorites.com/

Artful Affirmations: http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com/

A Delightsome Life: http://www.blissfulrhythm.blogspot.com/

Table Top Tuesday: http://astrollthrulife.blogspot.com/

Tea Party Tuesday: http://sweetology101.blogspot.com/

Tea time blessings!  


12 comments:

  1. Old Country Roses is a very pretty pattern. Nice to join you for tea today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Judith! Very pleased to meet you, and thank you for stopping by to enjoy a spot of tea with me. Hope you have been enjoying your time in Florida. Blessings, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Old Country Roses. It is always a favorite. You are so right that although making an elegant setting is fun, it's not the most important thing...time together is! Thanks for sharing and linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ruth. I enjoy your blog very much. I just want to encourage women to take time to enjoy little things in life. The beauty and elegance of tea is very special, but I would hate to see anyone miss out because they didn't have all the beautiful elements needed to set an elegant table. Thank you for hosting Tuesday Cuppa Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are beautiful patterns!! I have a;ways admired the Old Country Rose pattern but have it to snag some pieces for myself! Soon I hope....
    Thanks so much for your visit and kind comments!!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post reminds me of a tea quote....
    "Bread and water can so easily become toast and tea". You are so right, go ahead and share tea, one does not have to present goodies to go with it. Conversation is the best dish to serve.
    Old Country Roses is one of the old time favorites all around. It comes in so many different variations that one is bound to find a favorite! And it looks so stunning set up.
    You have a fine wish list and I am hoping you see some pieces soon!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Colleen, this is my first visit to your blog. You may not know this, but you became my 200th follower on my Fill My Cup with Beauty blog. I've only written on that blog once since November, but when I went on to my dashboard to write on my classic movie blog, I noticed that the follower count of Fill My Cup was 200, instead of the 199 it had been for several weeks. That is how I found the comment you left.

    Old Country Roses is one of my favorite china patterns. I have only one teacup in that pattern...handed down to me from my paternal grandmother. My wish list includes the teapot and creamer and sugar.

    By the way, I am a retired homeschool mom. I homeschooled my kids all the way through high school, and with the graduation of my son last year, my career ended. I loved every minute of my homeschooling years, and I truly didn't think life would go on with the ending of that season.

    Have a wonderful day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Colleen,
    Old Country Roses is a favourite of many, including me. It was my dad's favourite pattern too although he only had a couple of pieces which were passed on to me.
    You are so right about conversation being the main ingredient in a tea time. So many lovely memories have been made sipping tea. Thank you for sharing your lovely post with us and thank you for joining me for tea today. I'm your newest follower.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandi,
      Thank you for coming by and I am delighted to have you as a follower. I love your blog and your weekly tea party. I appreciate you bringing all of us tea lovers together where we can find one another.

      Blessings,
      Colleen

      Delete
  9. Thank you, Ladies. Debbie, I have yet to acquire any pieces either, but I am hopeful, one day. Terri, I love that quote! I hadn't heard it before, but it is already one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Patti, I am honored to be your 200th follower. I enjoy both your blogs. I am a classic movie lover also. I know what you mean, I loved every moment of homeschooling my children and it is the best thing that ever happened to our family. I call myself semi-retired since our two youngest are still at home and "homeschooling" in college. Thank you for stopping by to introduce yourself. It's wonderful yo meet you.
    Blessings,
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Colleen,

    Old Country Roses is a beautiful pattern. I wish you luck on your tea wishlist and thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete