Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Kaleidoscope

Funny how little choices can make one reflect on who they are.


I have been looking around trying to find a background for my blog, one that reflects me. One that lets you know, as soon as you arrive here, who I am.


And you know what I've found, a lot of backgrounds that I really like, and yet none that really stand out. Do I want bright pink? Red? Purple? Do I want tea cups and roses or polka dots and ribbon? Butterflies and hearts or Nascar?


I am blessed to be very eclectic. Almost an oxymoron. I am country and victorian, roses and sunflowers, teacups and rock star, all rolled into one. How can that be? I went through a journey in my life being unhappy at this lack of constant. Feeling like somehow I was flawed because everyone else had their style decided and I just couldn't seem to settle on one. It seems\ed to me that all around me people knew who they were, what they liked, they had one style and they embraced it and it defined them. But then I realized, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe, like me, they just had to choose one thing and so they did and left it at that. Maybe we are all a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll all combined into one package. At least I know I am. And you know what? Finally I learned to love myself just like that. Finally I learned to embrace all the eccentricities that make me, well me.



I realized that it's okay for me to love red and still enjoy hot pink and purple too! It's okay for me to love country, rock, gospel, oldies. It's okay for me to acknowledge that I am complex and simple all at the same time. It's not just okay, it's really grand that I can be just as happy at a tea party as I can be at a Nascar race! It's wonderful that I love singing in the choir just as much as I love belting out some karaoke! So, for today I have chosen a background that I really like, hot pink and black with swirls and flurries, but tomorrow you might just find tea cups and roses, or you may just find a Nascar background, if I can find one. ;-) And you will find as you get to know me, that rather than my background defining me, you will learn that there is not one single thing that can define who I am or what my style is, I am like a kaleidoscope! Always changing, made up of many facets and colors and sometimes it depends on the angle that you're looking from. And that's not just okay, it's amazingly wonderful!!

Finally, I started to learn to love just who God created me to be. And I think that was one of the first steps to being, who I want to be.


Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment