Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year

Well, I have been contemplating this for quite awhile now. Fearful that I wouldn't keep it current, or that I wouldn't have anything of interest to say I kept putting it off and putting it off. But then I made my New Year's Resolution, to set up an account and begin this blog. Of course my other New Year's Resolution was quickly broken when I promised myself I would begin the blog on January 1st and didn't get it accomplished until after midnight which makes it technically January 2nd. In case you hadn't guessed it, my other resolution was to stop procrastinating. sigh. Does it count as procrastinating if I got it started before I went to bed on January 1st? I mean, although technically it will read that I began my blog on Jan. 2, 2009, it is still part of my January 1. Oh well, semantics really. I will allow myself the grace of counting it as accomplished. Yay me.



Actually my only true resolution is to make the most of this new year. There is a song that asks, "Are you who you want to be?" and most often my truthful answer is no, I am not yet who I want to be. This year I want to become who I want to be. It will truly be a work of heart as I seek to grow closer to God and become not only who I want to be, but more importantly, who He wants me to be.



So, I will close by wishing you all a Happy New Year and may 2009 be the year you are "who you want to be."



Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment